Yes, calculators are allowed on the ACT; graphic calculators are typically the most popular option. Check the ACT’s calculator policy to learn more about what calculators are allowed on the ACT.
In addition to an appropriate calculator, make sure you bring the following on test day:
- Your up-to-date admission ticket – Log into your MyAct account and print
- Acceptable photo ID – Typically your school ID, driver’s license, or passport
- At least two No. 2 pencils with erasers – Mechanical pencils are not permitted
- Face covering – During pandemic conditions
- Snacks and water – Avoid sugary drinks and snacks that will make you crash
For a comprehensive list of what to bring to the ACT — and what not to bring — see the ACT’s Bring This, Not That Checklist.